Forever. That’s how long I’ve been away from this blog. My apologies, good people.
I’ve been busier than I think I’ve ever been these past few weeks; I just began my final year of college and have had to really crack down. I’m pursuing a degree in Secondary Education for English, so this semester I’m also involved in a field-experience practicum (one step down from student teaching). So, I get to be a part of a classroom community just a few miles away from where I live. Exciting stuff! For one of the assignments my class is working on, the students have to come up with 30 things they want to do before they’re 30. Since modeling is such an integral part of teaching, I had to create my own list.
Now, I’ve never really had a bucket list before. And that might surprise you. I keep ideas here and there of things I’d love to do, but I don’t have an organized, official list. Well, at least, I didn’t before this assignment. Without further ado… I had plenty more than 30 to write about, but I had to choose! Here is a first draft 🙂
Thirty by Thirty
- Write and publish a book
- Perform a slam poetry piece
- Backpack through Europe
Finish my degree See my best friend again
- Fly a plane
- Ride a segway
- Go to HP World!
- Go to a Goo Goo Dolls concert
- Go longboarding down Venice Beach Boardwalk
- Do space simulations and artificial gravity/go to space
- Learn to shoot bow & arrow
- Get my boater’s license
- Hang-glide in New Zealand
- Be a movie extra
- Meet Ellen Degeneres or Conan O’Brien
- Have coffee with Scooter and/or Adam Braun
- See Newsies and Les Miserables on Broadway
- Watch all the Harry Potter movies in one day
- Stay at an underwater resort
- Go to a taping of Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Be in the middle of a gospel choir
- Take a picture of a leap in every state
- Go zorbing
- Read 52 books in 52 weeks
- Be a motivational speaker somewhere
- Spend a day with a person who is homeless
- Get involved with Pencils of Promise
- Live in San Diego and/or Seattle
- Climb a mountain
Let the adventures begin, my friends.